- 1 (15oz) package refrigerated organic pie crusts, softened
- egg wash: 1 large egg mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup Justin's Cinnamon Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the filling, combine Cinnamon Almond Butter and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Unroll both pie crusts and lightly roll with a rolling pin until it is 1cm thick. Cut each crust into four rectangles. Place 1 tablespoon of the almond butter mixture in the center of a rectangle and top with another piece of crust. Crimp edges to seal, and use a fork or toothpick to poke 5-6 holes in the top crust. Combine dough scraps and roll them out, again to form more rectangles. Repeat until all of the pie crust is used.
- Whisk together egg and water to make egg wash. Lightly brush pastries with egg wash.
Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Allow the pastries to cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, make the glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Add more milk as necessary to reach desired consistency. Pour glaze over the pastries.
Store leftover pastries in an airtight container. To serve warm, heat in the microwave, or flat in a toaster oven.