- 1/3 Cup 2% Milk, warmed
- 1.5 Teaspoons Yeast
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tablepoon sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1. Combine milk, yeast, and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for a five minutes.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook, combine 1/4 cup of sugar, salt, and flour. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract on low, immediately followed by the yeast mixture. Add the butter, one tablespoon at a time. Mix the dough 7-10 minutes, until smooth.
3. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and then let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
4. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and coat the parchment with cooking spray.
5. Roll out the dough into a 9" x 12" rectangle. Spread the Chocolate Hazelnut Butter evenly over the dough.
6. Roll the rectangle lengthwise into a jelly roll shape and cut it down the length of the roll so that you have two long pieces. Twist the two dough pieces around each other, and place in the prepared loaf pan.
7. Let rise for an hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.