2 cups finely crushed shortbread cookies
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup light cream
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 sprigs rosemary
peel of 1 orange
9 ounces dark chocolate chips
1 egg, plus 3 egg yolks
1/3 cup, plus 1 tablespoon sugar
5 tablespoons Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the crust, place cookie crumbs and butter in a large bowl and stir with a fork until the mixture looks like wet sand. Press into bottom and up the sides of a 9” tart pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- To make the filling, place the cream, butter, rosemary and orange peel in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer 5 minutes, then remove from heat and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a double boiler. Strain the the rosemary infused cream over the chocolate and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the egg, egg yolks, and sugar on medium speed for approximately 4 minutes. Fold 1/4 cup of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture, then pour the chocolate mixture back into the mixing bowl. Stir to fully combine.
- Spread Chocolate Hazelnut Butter in the bottom of the prepared tart crust.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the crust on top of the Chocolate Hazelnut Butter.
- Bake 14 minutes, remove from oven and cool for half an hour.
- Sift the cocoa powder over the tart and enjoy!
Inspired by Yotam Ottolenghi