1/2 pound soba noodles
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
Heaping 1/4 cup Justin’s Classic Almond Butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom caps
1 red bell pepper, seeded, halved, and thinly sliced
1 large zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and salt and cook until al dente.
2. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta in a colander. Rinse the pasta under cold running water to chill the noodles. Give them a few shakes to remove the excess water and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring often, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in the Almond Butter, sweetener, soy sauce, pepper flakes, and reserved cooking water and cook until it becomes creamy, about 2 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms, peppers, and zucchini. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the drained noodles. Serve sprinkled with the scallions and topped with tofu, or a protein of your choice.
Recipe from our friends at Well + Good