1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups cocoa powder
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, beating well after each addition. Add the cocoa powder, flour and salt; mix just until just combined.
- Divide dough in half; place one piece between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll into a 1/4-inch-thick square. Repeat with second piece of dough. Refrigerate dough at least one hour.
- Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut the dough into 32 circles. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until slightly darker around the edges. Cool completely.
- For the filling, cream the butter and Vanilla Almond Butter until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar and cream.
- Top 16 cookies with 1 tablespoon of filling. Gently press remaining cookies on top of filling and enjoy!
Yield: 16 sandwich cookies