Chipotle Almond Pesto:
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons Justin’s Classic Almond Butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Prepare the pesto by combining all pesto ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
Press dough onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread pesto evenly over the crust (you may have some extra to save for later). Top with sliced tomato, bell pepper and bell pepper.
Bake 12-16 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and crispy.
Remove from oven and top with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.